Monday, October 6, 2008

One Crazy Weekend

Saturday was the busiest day I've had in a long time. We were invited to 3 birthday parties, we were taking my brother and his wife to the airport, and then transport their dog to Iowa where she's going to be staying while the newlyweds are on their honeymoon.

Friday night Sydney enjoys the calm before the storm. She found the telephone toy that Aunt Diane gave her for her birthday and that became the favorite of the evening.

She didn't always drag it around on the wheels, but that didn't make it any less fun. She even drug it up the stairs behind her.


Uncle Dan and Aunt Victoria arrived after Sydney went to bed. It was the second weekend in a row that Sydney woke up to guests in her house. Uncle Dan read Sydney's favorite book to her. It's a lift-flap book of body parts. Uncle Dan decided to teach her some new body parts. When I walked in Uncle Dan was reading "My blue jeans protect my wang." I can't wait until she repeats that one.

Adam took Dan and Victoria to the airport, and I took Sydney to Danielle's 1st birthday party. I met Danielle's mom, Katie, in pre-natal fitness class when we were still pregnant. Katie decorated this beautiful cake for Danielle's party. The theme was "Go Wild."

The birthday girl is the one in the middle. On the right is Trey. His mom, Jen, was also in pre-natal fitness.

I can't believe how big my little girl is getting. She looks so tall in this picture, and she certainly doesn't look like a baby anymore. She's a big girl now.

Sydney and Danielle, not interested in the camera. There were way too many toys to look at.
Me and Sydney, Katie and Danielle, and Jen and Trey.

After the party Sydney and I went home to pick up Daddy and Hera, Uncle Dan's dog. We drove to Dubuque for Great-Grandpa Harold's 89th birthday party. I don't have any pictures from that; I spent the entire time chasing Sydney around the restaurant. After spending 3 hours in the car, she was really ready to move around. We did laps through the restaurant. I think Sydney tries to make sure everyone knows she's there. She went from table to table and said hi to everyone. Several times.
We weren't able to make it to the third birthday party of the day. Sorry Kaylee, we just couldn't work it into the schedule.
We spent the night at my parents' house. Grandma found some toys for Sydney to play with Sunday morning.

"Charge it." We're teaching her the important lessons early.

My parents' neighbors have 5 horses and my parents let them graze in their pasture. They also give the horses treats and lots of attention.

Sydney had no fear of the horses.


I don't think Sydney trusts this horse; check out her eyes.

Now its Daddy who's not so sure about this horse.



I asked my dad what he was feeding the horses. He buys bags of elbow macaroni for them and they love it. Who knew?


This is Hera, Dan and Victoria's dog. I don't have a clear picture of her; she wouldn't slow down long enough for me to take one.


Back at home, our kitties were glad to be rid of the dog. Although I did find Fiona and Phoenix on "base" - the spot that they all understand is the safe zone. We used to have a papasan chair and the bottom of that was their "base" but once we got rid of it they had to find a new base. They chose Sydney's Baby Einstein jumper as the new safe spot.

No comments: