Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Old Friends

Sunday night we went to a friend's house for dinner. One of Daddy's best friends from high school was in town because her husband ran the Chicago marathon that morning. Grandpa Glenn ran the marathon as well. He finished in 3 hours, 57 minutes. Way to go Grandpa!!!! It's been several years since we've seen our out-of-state friends, and this was the first time our kids met. It was also the first time that the adult-to-kid ratio was 1:1. Our friends in Elgin have 3 kids, PJ, MaryBeth and Annie, and our out-of-state friends have two daughters, Maggie and Emma. Sydney had a great time running around the backyard, while Maggie and MaryBeth kept a close eye on her.

Annie just turned one in September. Sydney figures she's now old enough to be pushed off the slide. I didn't realize my peanut girl was such a bully.
Baby road rage: Sydney's sick of suburban Chicago traffic. Either that or she's trying to get away from her ducky stalker.
All the kiddos. Back, left to right: Emma, Maggie, MaryBeth, and PJ. Front, Annie and Sydney.
Sydney has been alarming us lately with how much she's been eating. Cut up pieces of fruit are no longer enough for her; she wants the entire thing! Tonight for dinner she ate two gigantic cheese-stuffed ravioli and almost half a bag of frozen corn. Every time I thought she was done, she went back for more corn. Daddy's very glad she's going back to the sitter tomorrow so he won't have to change those diapers!
I've lost count of how many words Sydney can say, but tonight when I got home she impressed me with "car keys." For the last few days she has been identifying Buffy by name. She calls the other cats "kitty" but when she sees Buffy she says "Buppy." I believe she knows them all by name, but Buffy is the only one she can say. I think Fi will be the next one she says, but Keira and Phoenix are going to take a while.

No comments: