We decided to expose Sydney to some of the Halloween classics. Last year she was too young to watch cartoons; this year she's very excited to watch TV. We don't let her watch very much, so it was a special treat to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" last night. Tonight I showed her another Halloween classic, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (just The Time Warp; we stopped it before Sweet Transvestite). I think she liked Rocky Horror more that Charlie Brown - she stepped to the right and swung her hips to The Time Warp. I unfortunately didn't get pictures or video of the dancing. Daddy and I were too busy laughing.
Another Halloween classic Sydney got to experience today at daycare was bobbing for apples. Fortunately she didn't fall in the bucket, but she didn't get an apple. She had to reach in and grab one with her hand. I'm told there are pictures and I will post if I can get copies.
If Sydney doesn't catch the theatre bug from me, she at least inherited the love of books. When we got home tonight, Sydney ran right into the living room, selected a book in a room full of toys, sat down on the floor and read it to herself. I didn't recognize any of the words she was babbling, but I think she was telling herself the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment