Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I came home last Thursday to find Sydney helping Daddy put together his new night stand. They had taken a field trip to Menards this morning to pick it out.



Sydney was more interested in cleaning her teeth with the screwdriver than using it for its intended purpose.




I found a little bag that we had brought back from Alaska (it came with moose brownie mix in it or something) and thought it would make a fun purse for Sydney. She agreed. She calls it "my purse" and carries around a little travel bottle of baby lotion in it.




Saturday morning we were clearing snow again. I'm so ready for winter to be over. But Sydney likes the snow. She like to make her own path in the snow. I think she walked everywhere on the driveway except where we had already cleared.








Sydney loves to draw...scribble, actually. She often pulls out her drawing pad and asks to draw (we keep the crayons up high). Fiona loves to pose for Sydney's drawings. She's even let us trace her a time or two.



Sydney and I visited Tiffany and Kiera. Tiffany and I were both surprised to see that Sydney is almost as tall as Kiera (she's still 5 pounds lighter, but at least she's catching up in height). It's a good thing Tiffany thought to bring two riding toys into the front room - I think there would have been quite the battle if there was only one!


Sydney discovered Kiera's xylophone and that became the favorite toy of the day (even over Elmo Live!). I actually witnessed Sydney play tug-of-war with it, to the point that she was laying flat on the floor trying to tug it away from Kiera.





Elmo did entertain for a little bit; once they found Elmo's music, spontaneous dancing followed.





Finally, the sun! Fiona and Buffy took advantage of every minute of it.


Daddy and Sydney met me for lunch today. As soon as Sydney came into my office, she ran right around behind my desk and wanted to sit in my chair (just so she could reach the keyboard).



No comments: