Sunday, February 1, 2009

Catching Up

I'm finally finding a few minutes to catch up on my posting. It's been a busy couple of weeks and unfortunately, the blogging has had to wait. So I'm taking advantage of a quiet afternoon while everyone is napping and Super Bowl goodies are cooking. I think Miss Sydney would feel left out if she knew all of the other kids got to nap with Daddy this afternoon. I went upstairs a little while ago and found all four cats napping with Daddy. Something tells me this is what happens when I'm at work during the day.



Fiona claimed Sydney as her baby as soon as we brought her home from the hospital. We thought that as Sydney got bigger and able to pull tails and grab handfuls of fur that Fiona would stay a little farther away. Instead, she takes every opportunity to be close to Sydney.

And now Sydney has discovered that Fiona likes to play, and Fiona has discovered that Sydney can be a playmate. It works out pretty well, until Sydney smacks Fi in the face with a toy.


Two weekends ago Sydney and I met Grandma Barb and Grandpa Glenn at the mall. Sydney got to run around playland for a while, and then Grandma let her ride in the little cars. Mommy has never let her ride in those before, so it was a special treat.


Sydney drives her first race car.


We hit the food court for lunch and I gave Sydney the choice of pizza or McDonald's. She said "Donald's." We found a little kids table so Sydney got to sit all by herself at a little Sydney-sized table on a little Sydney-sized chair. She may be skinny, but she can eat most of a Happy Meal cheeseburger, fries, and apple slices.


The next picture reminds me of a commercial: "Lunch is hard, saving for college shouldn't have to be." In this case, dinner is hard. yes, that is spaghetti on Sydney's forehead.

After Sydney goes to bed, the kitties take over the living room. Phoenix and Keira wrestle everywhere they can. I love this picture of them in the cat tree in the living room.


Last weekend we went to visit a friend of ours who is battling cancer. We spent the morning with him and his wife, and Sydney did her best to entertain them for a little while. Sydney loves animals, and I love that she isn't afraid of dogs. She was so excited that these dogs, Emily pictured below, and the other one is Casey, would eat out of her hand.



Don't worry - Sydney wasn't ODing the dogs on treats. She was just feeding them dry dog food.





One of Sydney's favorite toys now is a pair of Daddy's glasses. If she's not wearing them, Elmo is. Or Mommy is. Or Daddy is. Somebody has to have them on.


No comments: