Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sydney's Busy Weekend

Sydney's weekend was supposed to be a quiet weekend around the house. We didn't have any plans, except for Mommy and Daddy to attend Daddy's grandpa's 90th birthday party. We had our neighbor girl baby-sit Saturday night, but Sydney and Mommy had the whole day wide open. Sydney's been teething pretty bad, and then developed a cold, so she's be a mess for the last week. Her upper lip was actually bleeding because we were wiping her nose so often (and we were even using tissues with lotion!). Poor kiddo. I brought her with me to the shelter Saturday morning so she could play with the kitties. Someone donated this little kitty couch. It's actually not a bad size for Sydney, either. Believe it or not, this couch came with throw pillows (they're under the rug so they won't get directly peed or puked on). Sydney's sitting a little higher than Miss Tortie because she's sitting on those throw pillows.



I brought Sydney home for a nap, and then after lunch I took her to the Crystal Lake Nature Center. I had tried to take her last weekend, but they were closed for the holiday. Sydney had a good time playing on the puppet show stage. She's wearing her backpack leash for the first time. Next Saturday we're taking her to her first White Sox game and we definitely want to keep her close to us (as we discovered at Sunset Fest last weekend, as soon as you let her out of her stroller she's gone) and I wanted to introduce her to the leash ahead of time. She loved it.


Sydney saw the mourning doves in their cage and said "who who" to them. I guess that means they looked like owls to her.

Sunday morning Sydney brought her teddy bear backpack leash to me and held out an arm so I could put it on her. I took the tail off so she wouldn't trip over it, but she brought that back to me too. She's so silly. This is Sydney playing with her second favorite toy, our cordless phone (my iPhone is her favorite toy).

She holds the phone up to her ear and says "o?" And then she carries on a full conversation by herself. We have no idea who she's pretending to talk to, but she certainly has a lot to tell them.


We brought Sydney out to the park this morning to watch Grandpa Glenn run a half marathon. Sydney loved shaking the cowbell for the runners. And then she wanted to run in the chute at the finish line with the runners.

See - Sydney does have a little hair!

There was a playground right by the finish line. Sydney and I spent most of our time there while we were waiting for Grandpa to finish the race. Grandpa Glenn finished second in his age group. Great job Grandpa!!!!

Sydney goes down the slide - all by herself!

On our way to hear the announcement of the winners, we came across an Addidas van playing music. Sydney just can't help dancing when she hears a good beat. Needless to say, she attracted a small crowd.

Grandma Barb helps Sydney round third base.


Sydney makes sure there's no question that she touched home plate.

After scoring her home run, Sydney heads for the dugout.

We went out for a celebratory brunch with Grandma and Grandpa, and then we brought Sydney home for a much-needed nap. It's tough playing at the park all morning, then playing baseball, and even working out with the Addidas girls.

After her nap, Mommy and Daddy took her to the Fox Valley Irish Fest. We saw a balloon magician and he let Sydney pick out the balloon animal she wanted. She chose a bumble bee (I didn't pick it, I let her choose off the list, and she pointed to bee twice!), and then she picked a pink balloon.

After she got her balloon, we let her out of her stroller and she ran around the festival for an hour. She heard the live Irish music coming from the main tent, and she headed right it (and out, and in, and out, and in). At one point she ran right in front of the stage and proceded to dance a jig, complete with foot stomping and clapping. An older gentleman sitting right up front stopped me to tell me how precious she was. I don't have any pictures or video of her dancing because I was too busy chasing her through tables, chairs and people. Daddy was trying to keep up with the stroller.

The best part of the balloon was the stinger. It made a good chew toy.
Sydney wore her balloon on her arm, but that evidently wasn't enough. She ran around the house with the bee balloon around her ankle. If you look closely at this picture, you can see all four teeth on top, three in the middle on the bottom, and the gigantic molar on her bottom left.

The following video clip is Sydney playing with her bee balloon and her purple ball (when she says ball it sounds more like "bow"). Keep in mind this is right before bedtime and she'd been running around all day. I wish I could say this was a rare performance, but she plays like this every day, although the noises she was making are new. After watching this, you'll know why she's so skinny.

No comments: