Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Redefining Tolerance

Several weeks ago I posted The Definition of Tolerance. Thanks to our wonderful cat Fiona, I now need to redefine tolerance. After being stuck inside for a long, rainy weekend, Sydney was trying to find things to amuse herself. Unfortunately for our kitties, they seem to be the things that amuse her. Sydney normally doesn't pull their tails (Buffy and Keira don't let her get close enough to their tails to even try, and Phoenix doesn't have one), but Fiona will let Sydney do whatever she wants to her. It doesn't even matter if she does it at dinner time.


Sydney and her favorite lovey, Pink Elephant. Yeah, I know, it's a very creative name.

Adam and I accidentally made up a new game - Toss Pink Elephant Up and Down the Stairs. Sydney was sitting on the top step, I was behind her, and Adam was at the bottom of the stairs. Adam and I played catch with Pink Elephant. Sydney squealed and giggled every time Pink Elephant flew over her head. And then a little while later, Sydney brought Pink Elephant up the stairs all by herself and threw her toy down. I hope she doesn't associate this game with other objects she likes to carry around (sippy cups, remote controls, iPhones, etc.).


Sydney has mastered stair crawling. She races up them and slides back down.

Another favorite is the clock. When the clock starts to play on the hour, Sydney will stop whatever she's doing, say "clock," and run to the clock. The face of the clock opens up to display little teddy bear acrobats turning around. She's fascinated by it. When the faces closes, Sydney waves at it and says "bye bye."

And lately she's been enjoying a good book every chance she gets.

No comments: