Adam's aunt and uncle invited the whole family to their lake house last weekend. Adam was busy Saturday morning, so we didn't leave until lunch time. It was about 2:30 when we arrived at the lake house in Apple River, IL. Sydney was awake nearly the entire drive; she fell asleep 8 minutes before we arrived. We let her sleep for awhile before we took her for her first swim in a lake. She was a brave girl - she didn't mind that she wasn't able to see through the water. We dropped her right in and she did great. Adam's cousin took us out on the boat - Sydney's first boat ride. She didn't like the life jacket, but she forgot all about it once we started moving. I think we were out on the lake for about 2 hours, and Sydney looked like she was enjoying it the whole time. Matt took the big kids for some wild tube rides and Sydney watched us sail back and forth through the water behind the boat.
After a fun afternoon, Aunt Judy made a wonderful meal (which Sydney decided to fling across people at the next table - which is exactly why she doesn't normally get a plate). I gave Sydney a bath in hopes of putting her to bed at her normal time. She, however, had other ideas. She was up until 9:00, when she just couldn't stay awake any longer. Adam put her to bed while I was downstairs in the movie room being introduced to Rock Band. If you had told me that I would hear my mother-in-law and her sister singing Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" I never would have believed it. But I understand there is a video. Diane and I were on lead guitar and bass, respectively, Nancy rocked the drums, and Adam's cousins and their moms helped out on vocals. We had a great time. I can see how this game can be addictive. The video I'm posting is us playing Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl," but I don't think you can tell what the song is from the clip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment