Monday, August 25, 2008

Navy Pier

Adam was on vacation last week, so I took the day off on Tuesday to make a trip down to Navy Pier with some friends, Katie, Eric and their daughter Danielle, who is 10 months old. We started out at the Children's museum. Sydney shows Daddy how well she can play the drums.



Sydney tries the washboard. I think she liked the drums better.


Eric and Firefighter Danielle.

Me and Katie with the girls.


Sydney tries on her first pair of boots. They were a little big. She tried to walk in them and walked right out of them.


Danielle played so nicely in the water exhibit.


Sydney, on the other hand, dove right in. I now realize why there was a rack of raincoats at the entrance.


Somehow Danielle managed to stay dry. I think Sydney was intentionally getting wet.


I did take off her socks and shoes so she wouldn't soak those, too.


Daddy and our sopping wet mess.


On to the next exhibit, leaving a trail of water droplets as we went.


Sydney the lady bug.

This display was really cool. If you stood in one place long enough, the projected butterflies would land on you. At one point, Sydney and I both had butterflies on our heads.

Sydney's ridden on a carousel before, but not on a ferris wheel, so we took her on a big one.


She loved it. She wasn't looking at the Chicago skyline as much as she was looking down over Navy Pier.


She wanted to stick her head out the door. We had to keep pulling her back inside.


Sydney and Mommy enjoying a beautiful day in the city.


Our family.


Katie, Eric and a sleeping Danielle. We pooped her out.


It was a hazy, summer day.


One last stop - Build-a-Bear Workshop. Katie had a gift certificate for Danielle. I was a mean mommy and didn't get Sydney anything. I did let her look at all the choices, though. She picked a koala (oddly appropriate). I think for Christmas I'm going to take her in and let her watch them build her a bear (or koala, if her preference hasn't changed by then).

No comments: