Sunday, August 3, 2008

She Walked!!!!!

Okay, so it was only about 10 steps, but I think it still counts! Sydney and I went to Katie's birthday party this afternoon. Sydney played inside with Danielle for a while, but then she discovered the deck outside and had crawl over every square inch of it. She pulled herself up on a deck chair and just started walking to me. She had a very supportive audience: everyone on the deck was cheering her on. At one point she almost lost her balance, touched her hand down to the deck to steady herself, stood back up and took a couple more steps. Of course my camera was in the house at this point. I wasn't expecting her to walk today. As soon as she sat down I ran to grab my camera. The only walking she did after that was away from me, so this little clip is Sydney walking from behind. Too bad you can't see the front of her pants to see how filthy her knees were.



This is Sydney's friend Danielle. She's 10 months old and crawling all over the place. Sydney thought she had some pretty cool toys.



This is my friend Katie with her daughter Danielle. It was Katie's big 3-0 party. You can kind of see how dirty Syd's pants are. We went home to change before going to our next party of the day.


National Night Out is Tuesday night, and to kick off the festivities Daddy's department hosted a town BBQ. The PD and fire departments had demonstrations and displays set up at the Village Hall. Sydney liked the K-9 demonstration, and she was even brave enough to pet the dogs after they caught the pretend bad guy.

Daddy's girl gets her first tattoo, and Keeley gets one to match.

Sydney loved the remote controlled police car. We were walking toward the K-9 demonstration when it drove by and she made a u-turn to follow it. She was so excited when it said hello to her by name.

It then had to tell her to stop pounding on its hood.

Outfit #2 completely filthy today. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow!


Sydney normally goes to bed around 7:30. We didn't leave the BBQ until almost 8:00 (okay, so we had to wait a little while so Mommy could shoot an AR-14 in the simunitions trailer). She fell asleep in the car on the way home, but fortunately woke up when I brought her in the house so I could give her a quick bath. Her hands and feet were black from crawling on the asphalt parking lot. I could tell she was exhausted - she only brought 2 toys in the tub with her. I hurried to get her into bed and then she laid in her crib playing with her Glowworm for about half an hour before she finally fell asleep. I guess she needed to wind down after a busy day.

No comments: