Thursday, December 11, 2008

First Christmas Presents

Before I get the the present pictures, I just have to share this picture. This is what I see from the moment we get home. If she doesn't have my full attention, Sydney hangs on my leg from the time we walk in the door until she goes to bed.

Sometimes Daddy can entertain her. Shoving Daddy in a box is her new favorite game (that and the Baby Scrambler). Every box of Christmas presents that arrives is another new toy for her to play with.

And now on to presents...Auntie Norma came over for dinner last night and she delivered Sydney's Christmas presents. Sydney was kind enough to greet Norma with a kiss.

Last Christmas Sydney had fun looking at the presents. She touched (and chewed on) a few, but she didn't try to unwrap anything. This year is going to be very different. She started tearing at the paper as soon as she got her hands on the first package (note to Mommy: don't put gifts under the tree too early!).

My new camera has a bunch of cool features. I can write directly on the picture, add borders, and even add cute little embellishments like the bow in Sydney's hair. Fortunately the camera is smart enough to keep the original as well as the edited one (above is the original; below is the one I had fun with).

Potty training books! I bed I can guess what's in the big box!


Yep, it was a potty! Sydney went to bed last night right after opening her gifts so she didn't have time to check out her new seat. So tonight when we got home I took it out of the box and Sydney had to investigate. She looked inside and said "pee pee?" At least she knows what's supposed to go in there!


Sydney attempts to sit on her new potty. For some reason, she insists on climbing up on short chairs instead of just sitting down on them. I can't get her to just sit. At least one knee needs to go up on the chair, and then she has to turn herself around (she did the same thing on the little chairs at the Carters store and ended up flat on her back).


In Sydney's mind, anything that closes should be closed (cabinets, doors, the refrigerator door). Apparently that extends to the lid on her potty chair as well. Now she just needs to realize she needs to move herself out of the way before she can close the lid!

No comments: