Sydney learns new words every day, and one of her newest words is "mess." As I've been following her around with tissues for the last two weeks, I've occasionally set them on the couchwhen we're playing instead of bringing them into the kitchen to throw in the trash every time I wipe her nose (which sometimes seems like every minute). Sydney says "mess" and hands the tissues to me. I'm very impressed that she recognizes what a mess is (now if only I can get her to pick up her toys the same way!). Sunday night there was a tissue sitting on the couch. She said "mess," picked it up and then threw it on the floor. I told her that we don't throw tissues on the floor. She picked it up and carried it into the kitchen. We heard the trash can lid close. Daddy wasn't sure if it was the trash can or a kitchen cupboard door that we heard so I went to check. Sure enough, that tissue was in the trash. No one told her where to put it, she just learned from watching us. Smart little peanut. I think it's time to start giving her some chores to do!
Monday, November 24, 2008
An Old Friend
Sydney and I met an old friend of mine from college for lunch on Sunday. She's feeling a lot better she's getting some of her energy back. Unfortunately, that meant she didn't want to sit in her high chair very long; she was much more interested in running around the restaurant. And Senorita Flirtypants even made an appearance - Sydney wasn't about to miss an opportunity to flirt with a strange man. Poor Brad got to experience a meal with a toddler; at least I warned him in advance she'd be with me. It was nice to catch up. He was kind enough to do a little baby chasing so I could finish eating, and even entertained Sydney with a game of peek-a-boo.
As it got closer to nap time, Sydney found the closest shoulder to lay on. She has absolutely no fear of strangers.
It took Sydney most of the ride home to fall asleep, and I assumed she'd go back to sleep when I brought her into the house. But she had other ideas. So after an hour in her crib (and only about 20 minutes of nap), she was back up and helping me get a little work done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment