We knew something was wrong when she woke up screaming at 2:30 yesterday morning, and then kept waking up crying every 20 minutes. She slept on my lap from 7:00 until 11:10 on and off yesterday morning (Mommy stayed home with her poor little girl), which is not like Sydney. She asked if she could watch Ming-Ming (her way of asking for The Wonder Pets - good thing I have a couple episodes on the Tivo!), so we watched her favorite ducky for a few minutes until she fell asleep again. I woke her up for the doctor appointment and she stayed awake through that. She almost made it through a trip to Target, but waiting for her prescription (I was disappointed that her amoxicillin is orange, not bubble-gum flavored - I used to love that stuff!) took a lot out of her - she actually fell asleep in the shopping cart! Anybody who has ever seen Sydney in a store knows that this is not our Sydney. She normally says "hi" to, smiles at, or waves to everyone she sees. She hasn't slept in a store since she was 4 months old. I was afraid her daddy wouldn't believe me, so I had to take a picture. Yes, this is the peanut girl, buried under a winter coat, hat, blanket, and her Pink Elephant, who hasn't left her hand in two days.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Another First
Unfortunately, this is not a good first. We've been really lucky that Sydney has been a very healthy baby. Sure, she's had her share of colds and a stomach bug or two, but yesterday I had to take her to the doctor. This was our first non-well baby visit. And since every other appointment we've had was scheduled in advance, we always saw our regular doctor. I met the other doctor in the practice for the first time yesterday because he's the one that had an opening. I liked him as much as I like her regular doctor. Sydney was not amused, however, when he insisted on looking in her ears. She kept climbing me to get away from him until she was trying to get on my head. Sure enough, he found what he was looking for. Sydney has her first ear infection. I think she was doing pretty well to have made it nearly 18 months without an ear infection.
We knew something was wrong when she woke up screaming at 2:30 yesterday morning, and then kept waking up crying every 20 minutes. She slept on my lap from 7:00 until 11:10 on and off yesterday morning (Mommy stayed home with her poor little girl), which is not like Sydney. She asked if she could watch Ming-Ming (her way of asking for The Wonder Pets - good thing I have a couple episodes on the Tivo!), so we watched her favorite ducky for a few minutes until she fell asleep again. I woke her up for the doctor appointment and she stayed awake through that. She almost made it through a trip to Target, but waiting for her prescription (I was disappointed that her amoxicillin is orange, not bubble-gum flavored - I used to love that stuff!) took a lot out of her - she actually fell asleep in the shopping cart! Anybody who has ever seen Sydney in a store knows that this is not our Sydney. She normally says "hi" to, smiles at, or waves to everyone she sees. She hasn't slept in a store since she was 4 months old. I was afraid her daddy wouldn't believe me, so I had to take a picture. Yes, this is the peanut girl, buried under a winter coat, hat, blanket, and her Pink Elephant, who hasn't left her hand in two days.

We knew something was wrong when she woke up screaming at 2:30 yesterday morning, and then kept waking up crying every 20 minutes. She slept on my lap from 7:00 until 11:10 on and off yesterday morning (Mommy stayed home with her poor little girl), which is not like Sydney. She asked if she could watch Ming-Ming (her way of asking for The Wonder Pets - good thing I have a couple episodes on the Tivo!), so we watched her favorite ducky for a few minutes until she fell asleep again. I woke her up for the doctor appointment and she stayed awake through that. She almost made it through a trip to Target, but waiting for her prescription (I was disappointed that her amoxicillin is orange, not bubble-gum flavored - I used to love that stuff!) took a lot out of her - she actually fell asleep in the shopping cart! Anybody who has ever seen Sydney in a store knows that this is not our Sydney. She normally says "hi" to, smiles at, or waves to everyone she sees. She hasn't slept in a store since she was 4 months old. I was afraid her daddy wouldn't believe me, so I had to take a picture. Yes, this is the peanut girl, buried under a winter coat, hat, blanket, and her Pink Elephant, who hasn't left her hand in two days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment