Saturday, January 10, 2009

More Snow

It started snowing yesterday and it just kept coming down. When Daddy got home from work this morning we all went out to help clear the driveway. Sydney got to help Daddy plow for a little while.


And then we put her to work.

I took her sledding after she finished clearing the sidewalk. Our street hadn't been plowed for hours (and we didn't see a car all morning) so Sydney got a sleigh ride around the neighborhood.

I gave Sydney an Oreo this afternoon. I felt like one, and it was only fair to offer her one as well. I've created a monster. I had to put her in her high chair until she finished eating it because she was getting chocolate all over herself, me and the living room.

I can't believe how my Sydney is talking. This morning she pointed to the TV (which she calls "TT") and said "I want TT." Not only is that a three-word sentence, but she identified herself as "I." And I'm constantly amazed by how much she understands. She hates having her diaper changed (probably because she has to stop playing and lay in one spot for a few minutes). I ask her if she wants to be changed, she tells me no, I wait a few minutes and ask again, she tells me no, etc. When she's finally ready she'll let me change her. Evidently tonight she didn't want to wait for me to ask. She grabbed a diaper, pulled her changing pad out of her old diaper bag, opened the changing pad up in the hallway and laid down on it, waiting for me to change her. How did she get to be so smart?

No comments: