Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kohl Children's Museum

Adam had Sydney on Tuesday. They came to my work and took me and some of my coworkers out to lunch. Wednesday Adam and I took Sydney to Brookfield Zoo (pics posted in a previous post). Thursday Grandma Barb came to the house and stayed with Sydney all day. And Friday I had Sydney. Because of our unpredictable weather, I had to find something inside for us to do. So I took Sydney to the Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview. I was hoping she'd take a nap on the way there, but she was awake in the car for the entire hour drive over there. Crazy kiddo. And then she crawled around for two hours - racing from one exhibit to the next. There were several exhibits that she wasn't old enough to enjoy, but she certainly enjoyed the rest of them.

After the museum we met Aunt Diane for lunch. Sydney was really ready for a nap by the time we finished lunch. I think she was asleep before we even made it out of the parking lot. Unfortunately, she woke up as soon as we got home and didn't want to take another nap. So we had to find something cool to do on a very hot, humid afternoon - we went swimming across the street at surrogate grandma Pauletta's pool. My little fish spent an hour in the pool.


No comments: